I must say that these times are not the best. A little eerie if you ask me. But hey it is what it is. On every television screen, channel, web banner, radio station there is mention of the Coronavirus and what they think is going to happen, what has happened and what they want us to do here on out.
That also includes quarantining yourselves and practicing social distancing. While you’re being quarantined, I would like to ask how you’re keeping busy during these times? Do you have a new regimen to your day? Are you working from home?
I would like to share with you some things you can do while quarantined, I mean you might as well right?
Now, before you get to rolling your eyes and sucking your teeth we all have some things in our place of residence that can use a little sprucing up right? Maybe a face-lift here and there? Here are my house chores that I’m doing this week that I’ve been putting off since……FOREVER
- Purging my closet (Be sure to take your items to the Goodwill for a tax write off)
- Cleaning the ceiling fan (I used Clorox Wipes)
- Wiping down the baseboards (This sucked horribly but the house smells amazing)
- Cleaning the oven/microwave (This didn’t take long because we cover our food and line the oven with aluminum foil to catch spillage)
- Cleaning and deodorizing the fridge (……….Sigh……..)
If you’re at home and could use a little outdoor time, then most definitely go get your vitamin D. Many states have issued curfews and really want you to stay at your place of residence, which is totally understandable. So here are some suggestions to check somethings off your outdoor to do list to include:
- Mow the lawn
- Clean out your vehicle
- Start the garden you mentioned
While being stuck at home, our governor mentioned that of course we can get out doors and get our exercise on. But to consider keeping six feet away from other citizens that maybe out and about. I can dig that, with all of the open space around me, that was not a problem and I am determined to keep the “Rona” weight up off me! Ya dig?
One of my classmates from high school started a Nike Run Challenge to complete 35 miles during the month of April. This is to include, walking, running, and jogging. Whatever your pace, just do it, right Nike? (Corny, I know but you get the point.) I asked to be added to the challenge and man I have to say I enjoy it because I have the time to do it! If you’re able to do so, I encourage you, your family and friends to stay active by all means.
Love On Yourself
With the uncertainty of everything, it can bring on lots of anxiety and worry. I get it! Don’t be afraid to take some of this down time to focus on YOU. On your self care, mental health, and whatever else you need for YOU. Here are a few things I would like to suggest:
- Steam your skin
- Give yourself a facial
- Paint your finger nails
- Consider a juicing recipe (For breakfast, I used ginger, lemon, celery and fuji apples for my juicing recipe for 7 days, my skin is hella clear and it helped me…….ummmm…. go lol)
- Take a long bath (Get fancy with it by adding oils, Epsom salt, and maybe cut the lights and bring in your favorite candle)
Don’t let social media get you down with all of those “If you didn’t come out of this down time with a skill you’re a lazy person” bull sh**. Take some time and focus on you and YOUR household. I hope that some of these things helped you all come up with something to do with some of this free time. I mean, you might as well.
Please like, comment, and share this post with all of your friends and family.
Love ya! : )